Mallory’s Makeup School Week 3
So my makeup school fell to the back burner as I was in real makeup school and consumed with fashion posts, but I’m bringing it back this week with our third week of ‘school’. For those of you who may have just started reading, I’m taking everyone through some basics of beauty. I’m highlighting some of my favorite go to game changer products and then I’ll be going into detail about how to use them once I get you through the ‘alphabet’. Here are my L through Q…
L – LA Girl Pro Conceal – You. Will. Die. Ok, so you know I sometimes have to eat my words with inexpensive makeup, because I do believe you get what you pay for…but I’ve found some HUGE exceptions once I opened my mind. Ok, so this miracle concealer is $2.99 and is the best I’ve used yet. I found it two weeks ago and I almost died. Remember this makeover I did on my friend Shay? This is what I used.
For real I just had to show you these to prove to you how awesome is is as a concealer and highlighter. With Shay I used it more as an all over highlighter as well as concealer to achieve this look…Shay’s bone structure certainly helped, but even on the most beautiful face, like Shay’s, it makes a huge difference.
Here is my placement before I blended it with a damp small beauty blender.
M – Moonstone – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter – I used to be very afraid of shimmer, not anymore. I feel when applied correctly(right on the top of the cheekbone, on the bridge of the nose and on the cupids bow) it’s marvelous. This is my favorite. It makes you very J Lo.
N – Nars Bronzer in Laguna or Casino – Bronzer is a goto of mine daily, but often for different reasons. I use it for contour some days, mix it with my blush some days, or dust it on the places the sun would hit as a typical bronzer use some days. You can’t go wrong with these two shades of bronzer. Casino is darker than Laguna.
O – Olaplex Hair Perfector – It should be called life perfecter. So I’ll be doing a whole post on my hair journey…but long story short it’s full of damage and extensions for 10 years which resulted in my hair being 2 inches long last year. So I needed a miracle. In came Shay(who is my friend I used above in the above makeover, who also happens to be my hairdresser…I’ll link her salon here: Troubadour Salon). She told me about this product that was revolutionary in over processed hair. I’ve heard it all before, but then I used it and now I would swim an ocean for it. I use it once a week as a leave in conditioner and it has transformed my hair like NOTHING ever has. It’s really hard to get, so you may have to ask your hairdresser when this link sells out.
P – Primer – Makeup Forever Skin Equalizer Mattifying Base – I use this under my makeup in my t zone daily and all over on anyone who is really oily. It’s an absolute MUST to prime and prep the skin correctly before applying makeup, especially with really oily or really dry skin.
Q – Questions Most Commonly Asked – I get asked a ton of questions about beauty, but there are always a few that are asked over and over. Here they are…
- Q: If I don’t like to look like I have a lot of makeup on what should I use for a base, can I still use foundation? A: Yes…and you can add your moisturizer to it to make it a tinted moisturizer. Which is a lighter version of foundation. BB cream is also a good option but why not use what you already have.
- Q: What can I do about Summer/Winter varying foundation shades not matching my skin anymore…do I really have to buy a new foundation for every shade my skin may change? A: Nope…I have several shades from when I thought this was the case, but now I mix foundations to make my shade. Literally, everyday I pour a little dark a little light and I mix it on my counter or a mirror to match my shade. You can also add liquid concealer. It’s like magic.
- Q: How do you keep your lipstick in place? A: I put powder on my lips before lining and putting lipstick on them. Works like a charm.
- Q: I don’t do much to my eyes but want to start with a really simple shadow routine…what do you suggest? A: Bobbi Brown Bone all over, Bobbi Brown Blonde in the wide crease, Bobbi Brown Rich Brown in the outer V and on the lash line.
- Q: What is the one piece of makeup you would take to a deserted island? A: My Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow pencil in Taupe and Amazing Cosmetics Concealer.
- Q: My hair is falling out(woman, I have a different one for men), is there anything I can do to help it grow back? A: Well yes there is, and it’s a little pricey but IT WORKS! I’m using it now with my Olaplex right now and it’s growing new hair like crazy. It’s called Phylia De M. Here is the 4 piece set.
To get any of these items simply click the photo below and it will take you where to buy! Thanks so much for reading. Keep your requests coming and look for the giveaway this week…and REALLY exciting things soon.
Oh and here is where I get my hair done by Shay in Nashville…THE BEST! Troubadour Salon.