Today I am joined by multi-platinum singer and songwriter Ally Brooke! I’m so excited for you to hear about her journeys in both the music industry and in important areas of life, such as body image and taking a stand for what she believes. Her story is captivating and full of doors closed—and other doors being opened.
Listen in as Ally shares the ups and downs of her life, as well as the most important lessons she has learned along the way. You will hear about her time with the group Fifth Harmony, all the way to what inspired her to write her new book, Finding Your Harmony. She also shares her struggles with losing her voice (literally and figuratively), dealing with online bullying, and so much more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Ally lost herself and her voice for a while—and gained it back again.
- The journey of writing a book and how it feels to have her story out there.
- What it’s like balancing massive success, as well as closed doors.
- Why a closed door can be a blessing in disguise.
- Dealing with the sexuality of the industry and Ally’s decision to wait until marriage (and be open about it).
- Why you don’t have to feel like a star in order to reach your goals.
- What to do when you feel the pressure to be something you’re not.
- Ally’s struggle with body issues and best advice on getting through the fear, pressure, and negativity.
Ideas Worth Sharing:As the Lord always does, he came in at the 12th hour and re-opened one of those doors. – @AllyBrooke Click To Tweet It’s possible to live a full life and to live out your calling. Sometimes you just have to have faith, hold on tight, and persevere. – @AllyBrooke Click To Tweet You don’t have to grow up being the star of your school, your team, or your family or your city to reach your goals. – @AllyBrooke Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Ally Brooke: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Apple Music
- Finding Your Harmony by Ally Brooke
- Fifth Harmony
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…