You are in for a treat today because my guest is Vienna Pharaon, and we are talking all about relationships. Vienna is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, the founder of Mindful Marriage and Family Therapy in New York City, and a relationship expert for Motherly. Also an international speaker and presenter who has brought therapy to the mainstream through her Instagram account, she joins the show to share key insight you don’t want to miss.
Listen in as we dive deep into why some relationships are functional and healthy and others are not, as well as how our childhoods shape our relationships today. You’ll learn how to identify and heal old wounds, how to reframe conflict to lead to connection, and how to live fully in your relationships.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why you should set boundaries with yourself.
- The different types of relationship boundaries.
- Why it’s important to explore the messaging we grew up with.
- What makes our family of origin so important in our current relationships.
- Why we need to heal old wounds.
- How our childhoods shape our relationships today.
- Why it’s important to honor our inner child.
- How to turn conflict into connection.
- Why self-awareness in relationships is important.
Ideas Worth Sharing:We need self and relational awareness in order to stand shoulder to shoulder with someone else. - @MindfulMFT Click To Tweet The moment we say no to something that’s a yes, or yes to something that’s a no, there is a betrayal with the self. - @MindfulMFT Click To Tweet Conflict is one of the greatest gateways to a deep connection. - @MindfulMFT Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Vienna Pharaon: Site | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Mallory Ervin: Site | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Twitter
- Sign Up to Get the Free Relationship Journal
- Future Relationship Journal
- Get The Love You Want Six-Week Course (Use the discount code: LIVINGFULLY for $50 off the course!)
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below