Anyone else needing entertainment for their children during this quarantine?? Well here is one of our favorite things to do with the boys. Iced sugar cookies are fun for holidays and birthday parties but also for random Wednesday afternoons. So don’t underestimate a cookie making party as mid week fun and a hit for your entire family.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- Non-stick Baking Pans – I love these and a set of 3 is under $20 at Target.
- Silpat baking sheets – Y’all know how much I love these and I literally use them for everything.
- Cookie Cutters – I found the cutest cookie cutters from William Sonoma and Amazon. I’ll link the different sets here. Classic set, Farm Animals, Dinosaur
- Marble Slab – This is great to roll your dough out and cut the cookies out. And, it saves on the clean up time.
- Rolling Pin – This one’s great and the boys loves to help roll the dough.
- Kitchen Aid – I can not say enough good things about my Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it. It makes everything so much easier.
- Measuring Spoons – Love this stainless steel set
- Measuring Cups – Also love these All-Clad measuring cups
- Piping Bags – These are the best and make icing the cookies so much easier
We’ve finally perfected the sugar cookie recipe and its been a secret until now but here it is:
There are also plenty of other ways to have fun with baking, if you’re not up for actual baking. I’ll link some of my favorites.
- Play Kitchen – this one is a bigger purchase but the boys love playing and pretending to make food in ours upstairs
- Mini Baking Set
- Wooden Baking Set
I also love this piping kit from Amazon if you’re feeling fancy.
Happy baking! – Mallory