Boy, do I have a treat for you guys today! I’m super excited to bring you Shea McGee of Studio McGee and McGee & Co. (If you don’t know those names, I can guarantee that you have seen Shea’s products in Target, or online, or even in your friends’ homes.) She is going to be sharing the most incredible story of how she pivoted her life, chose a new direction, and built an enormously successful business by listening to her heart.
Get comfortable and listen in as Shea discusses how she left her PR career and pursued her passion for design. You’ll learn how she and her husband sold everything and went all-in on their dream, as well as her best advice for being persistent when you’re going after what you want. She’ll also share some of her best design tips, including how to design when you can’t afford a designer.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Shea gave up her PR career to pursue a career in design.
- How she and her husband sold everything and went all-in on their dream.
- How they continued to find the motivation to keep going even during hard times.
- Why Shea decided to write a book and share her story.
- What life has been like creating a show with Netflix while also raising children.
- Shea’s best design advice for non-designers.
- Her favorite color to paint any room.
- Where you should spend your design budget.
- Advice for designing when you can’t afford a designer.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I just always have a little something on the side to keep me creative. – Shea McGee Click To Tweet I was so afraid to fail at something that I wanted to be good at. – Shea McGee Click To Tweet Because we were constantly thinking of how to get around obstacles, that's just become our mindset. – Shea McGee Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Shea McGee: Website | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- McGee & Co.
- Make Life Beautiful by Syd & Shea McGee
- Dream Home Makeover
- Studio McGee at Target
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…