I am beyond thrilled to have Thea Walker on this episode today! Thea is not only my first cousin who is like a sister to me, but she is also the founder of Teaching Tinies, a work-at-home mom to a toddler, and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst specializing in early childhood education. Her purpose is to teach parents how to best give their children the support and structure they need using evidence-based information.
Listen in as we cut through the noise and get right to the science behind timeouts, sleep training, and overall behavior. Thea is breaking down the evidence-based information, how to tell whether the information you’re getting is backed by science or by somebody’s personal opinion, and how to empower your child and reduce the power struggle that is so common with little ones. Thea also shares her journey with breastfeeding and what she learned because of the struggles she experienced.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Thea got into early childhood education and behavior.
- How parents can find the information they need to make informed decisions.
- What sleep training is and whether it is effective.
- The two “tanks” that are vital for a happy baby.
- The difference between attachment parenting and secure attachment.
- How Thea describes living fully for parents.
Ideas Worth Sharing:It’s hard to separate information that is based in science versus something is based on a passionate opinion. – Thea Walker Click To Tweet Sleep training starts the second your child wakes up in the morning. – Thea Walker Click To Tweet They need a parent that is predictable, consistent, and reliable. – Thea Walker Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below