Spring has SPRUNG! One of my favorite parts about spring is all the colors! I love the bright, light and airy colors and all of the pastels! I wanted to put together a fun dessert that was yummy but also pretty! These bird nest cupcakes are great for an Easter dessert, spring party or to pack up a few and give as a teacher treat like we did this week. We grabbed some spring containers and packed up about four cupcakes for each of Ford’s teachers. I’ll share with y’all the recipe and how to decorate these cupcakes to be the most festive dessert!
Ingredients For Cupcakes:
-1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
-1 1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
-3/4 cup sugar
-2 large eggs room temperature
-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
-1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F & line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, & salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed 5 minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition then scrape down the bowl. Add 2 tsp vanilla and beat to combine.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and add the flour mixture in thirds alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until just combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly into a 12-count lined muffin or cupcake pan, fill 2/3 full.
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING:
– ½ cup unsalted butter softened
– 8 oz cream cheese softened
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-¼ teaspoon salt
– 4 cups powdered sugar
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ICING:
– Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until creamy and well-combined.
– Add vanilla extract and salt and stir well to combine.
– With mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
– Use to frost completely cooled cake or cupcakes.
-Toast coconut shreds for the top.
-Place candy eggs on top of toasted coconut to decorate.
Here’s the other thing though. You know we are all about easy too, so if this recipe seems daunting pleaseeeeee go buy you a box of cupcake mix, white frosting pre made(and blue food coloring) and the candies for the top…and no-one will ever know. Wink. Happy SPRING friends!!