As the world begins to speed up again, many of us are looking for a way to find slow, intentional living that isn’t forced upon us by a pandemic. Erin Loechner has been a guiding star in my life in this area (and so many other areas), and I’m excited for her to join me on this episode to talk about slowing down. She is the author of one of my favorite books, Chasing Slow, as well as the founder of the foundational homeschooling co-op, Other Goose.
Erin is also an accomplished blogger and speaker that has showcased her passion on all kinds of platforms all over the world, including The New York Times, Huffington Post, The Today Show, and many more. Listen in as she shares a bit about her life and how her family has been on a path to slowing down and striving for less in order to embrace joy, grace, and each other more fully.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What we might want to carry forward into post-pandemic life.
- The beauty of stripping down and reassessing life.
- Differentiating between the perfect world situations and embracing seasons.
- The importance of not just subtracting, but also stopping the add.
- Erin’s journey with the lion and how it embodies that chase for more.
- Dealing with criticism, discussion, and the internet.
- Tips on parenting different kinds of kids.
- How to implement some slow living into your life.
Ideas Worth Sharing:When things are shifting so wildly, you have to lay a new foundation, and you have to figure out what you want to keep and what you want to carry. – @erinloechner Click To Tweet It’s about resisting the urge to manipulate the timing of things. There will be seasons when you will be completely out of control. – @erinloechner Click To Tweet I thought the opposite of control was chaos, but I learned the opposite of control is surrender. – @erinloechner Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Erin Loechner: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
- Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below