In honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to bring on a friend of mine who is a pioneer of the gratitude movement and one of the most influential people in my life. Ann Voskamp changed and impacted many lives with the book she wrote called One Thousand Gifts: A Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are. Today, she joins the show to share her tips on using gratitude as a practice that will help you through rough times.
Listen in to hear about how Ann’s book and her incredible insight on gratitude helped me deal with some of the most challenging times in buy soma online my life. She gives us a glimpse into her own story regarding gratitude and what it meant to her to find such an incredible new lens to see her life and purpose through. Ann also discusses how gratitude helps you live fully and how it can exist alongside darkness and difficulty as a constant companion and helper.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Ann found her way into a gratitude practice.
- How to use gratitude to frame your day.
- Why being grateful is not the same as being “Pollyanna.”
- Why perfectionism is the opposite of gratitude.
- The importance of not living life like you’re in a waiting room.
- What to do when you’re struggling with gratitude, even in times of abundance.
- What gratitude and living fully is really about.
Ideas Worth Sharing:His dad didn’t punctuate sentences with periods—he punctuated sentences with, 'Thank you Lord'. – @AnnVoskamp Click To Tweet I want to be a person of gratitude and contentment because life is not an emergency (which is how I live so much of my life). In fact, life is a gift. – @AnnVoskamp Click To Tweet Ep #71: Thanksgiving: The Life-Changing Power of Gratitude with Ann Voskamp Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Ann Voskamp: Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
- Co2Lift (Use code LIVING FULLY)
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below