This podcast is all about living fully, and my upcoming book (coming out February 8th!) dives into that, as well. So, in the next few weeks of this show leading up to my big release, I’ll be talking about some of the larger concepts from the book and some behind-the-scenes items that were left out. Today, I’m diving into my struggle with pain avoidance and how fear of pain keeps us from living fully.
Our generation has become so comfortable with being comfortable, and I will share how that has held us back. Listen in to learn how important it is to recognize pain avoidance and face your issues in a positive and healing way. If you’ve dealt with that urge to avoid facing and experiencing pain, but you’re wanting to break free of that, this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Our obsession with comfort.
- What happens when we avoid dealing with our problems.
- What the other side of pain is like.
- Why we seek comfort over adversity.
- What we can learn from our grandparents’ generation.
- Where we need to direct our energy.
- Why pain avoidance leads to mediocrity.
- Three things that will help you face things rather than avoid them.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Our generation has become so comfortable with being comfortable and so familiar with an easy life that people see pain and adversity as a bad thing. – @malloryervin Click To Tweet The things we go through and the things we make it through in life are what makes us. – @malloryervin Click To Tweet When we aren’t dealing with our problems, they manifest into the light of day for all the world to see.”– @malloryervin Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Living Fully by Mallory Ervin
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below