Attachments to bad things—or even good things—can become really unhealthy for us if we let them. Today, I’m going to talk about one of the biggest breakthroughs that I had regarding unhealthy attachments (and how they held me back just as much as addictions and pain avoidance), as well as how important it is to understand the attachments we have and work to not lose sight of ourselves.
Listen in as I share a glimpse into an important moment in my life, a moment I haven’t shared before, in hopes that you will gain what I gained from that experience. The reason I poured my heart and soul into my book was to help others live a bigger, more full life. The lessons in there are tried and true, and I’m so excited for it to come out!
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- A pivotal moment in my life.
- The dangerous place our attachments can take us.
- The sneaky side of attachments and how to recognize them.
- The concept of ‘taking off the mask.’
- The last piece of work I needed to do when it came to attachments.
- Warning signs of attachments that creep in.
- A solution to help rid yourself of unhealthy attachments.
Ideas Worth Sharing:These attachments had gotten so intertwined with the person that I really was that I couldn’t even see who I was anymore. – @malloryervin Click To Tweet I felt that if I didn’t live up to the standard that I set for myself, it really interfered with my day-to-day life and how I showed up in the world. – @malloryervin Click To Tweet A lot of times when we’ve been silenced, shut out, or stripped of an attachment, we have other people help fight our battles so that we can re-attach ourselves to those things that have become unhealthy.”– @malloryervin Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Living Fully by Mallory Ervin
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…