For this episode, I was so lucky to sit down at my kitchen table with one of my favorite authors, Jessica Turner. The author of Stretched Too Thin and The Fringe Hours, Jessica writes books that encourage working moms to take care of themselves and use their time in a more fulfilling way. Listen in as she opens up about how to find a perfectly imperfect balance and what it truly means to thrive
Guilt can be such a huge issue for working moms, and Jessica addresses it in the most gentle and honest way. She also discusses how to recognize if you’re thriving or just barely hanging on and surviving. You will learn how to handle mom guilt, free yourself of the mental load, and more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why it’s important NOT to do it all.
- What the oxygen mask philosophy is and why you need to be on board with it.
- How to deal with mom guilt.
- Why you don’t need to choose between work and kids.
- How to free yourself of the mental load.
- Why the culture of busyness can be detrimental.
- What to do if all your seasons feel the same.
- Why you should be treating yourself like a glass ball.
- How to handle social media with kids.
Ideas Worth Sharing:People ask how I do it all, and the answer is, I DON’T do it all. - @JessicaNTurner Click To Tweet I believe that it’s more important for my kids to have me present and to be hanging out with them at night rather than making sure the kitchen is spotless. - @JessicaNTurner Click To Tweet We can’t produce our best work and be our best selves when we’re running on empty. - @JessicaNTurner Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jessica Turner: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Stretched Too Thin: How Working Moms Can Lose the Guilt, Work Smarter, and Thrive by Jessica Turner
- The Fringe Hours: Discovering A More Creative & Fulfilled Life by Jessica Turner
- The Fringe Hours: Making Time for You by Jessica Turner
- Book Snobbery
- Amazon Prime
- Grove Collaborative
- When I Pray For You by Matthew Turner
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…