Today’s episode is a follow-up to a previous episode with my dad, Gary Ervin, that really resonated with a lot of you out there. After sharing key life lessons he’s learned over the years, he’s back to discuss how to find your “why,” and why it’s so important to figure that out before you figure out the “how.”
Listen in as my dad shares how he discovered his own “why,” as well as what drives him to keep climbing mountains and pushing himself physically and mentally. You’ll learn his simple, strategic writing method for finding what drives him, what he learned from his experience falling into a crevice while hiking Everest, and more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of finding your “why” before finding your “how.”
- How to put your pain or misery into perspective.
- The method my dad uses to determine his “why” and “why nots.”
- His experience falling into a crevice and the lessons that came out of it.
- The power of having an emotion attached to something.
- Why you should be living your life, not just looking at the lives of others.
- How to leave footprints that last.
- Why it’s important to know your limits and keep track of what’s truly important.
- What it means to balance where you came from with where you’re going.
Ideas Worth Sharing:When you’re in the tent with nothing but your thoughts, you really understand and look deeper at why you’re doing things. - Gary Ervin Click To Tweet We all fall into crevices from time to time, and we all need help getting out sometimes. - Gary Ervin Click To Tweet A lot of people want to focus on the misery when there’s so much beauty out there. - Gary Ervin Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Gary Ervin: Site | Facebook
- Ep #03: How Defining Your Summit Will Change Your Life: Lessons From Mt Everest with My Dad
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below
[…] episode is a follow-up to two previous episodes with one of the show’s favorite guests: my dad, Gary Ervin. My dad has been on a journey […]
[…] 2. My favorite, favorite podcast at the moment is Living Fully by Mallory Ervin. It’s full of so much goodness, stories of real people, life lessons, and more. If you need a new podcast to binge on, give this one a try. My favorite episodes to date are Episode #47 with Madi Nelson from @heymadinelson (LOVE her! and her sweet little fam), Episode #51 with Shea Mcgee from Studio Mcgee (pretty much where I get most of my decorating inspo), and Episode #8 with her dad! […]