Today’s guest is an Olympic gold medalist, a Dancing with the Stars champion, and—most importantly—my good friend: Shawn Johnson. I’m so excited to have her on the podcast to share her experience dealing with perfectionism, winning the gold medal, and coming out the other side of the Olympics.
If anyone knows about perfectionism and extreme expectations (think carrying the weight of an entire country’s expectations on your shoulders!), it’s Shawn. Listen in as we chat about the pressures of life and why it’s okay to simply strive for progress, not perfection. Shawn is such a fascinating and inspiring person that we can all learn a lot from when it comes to living fully.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to persevere through pressure.
- Why we must not place crazy expectations on the people in our lives.
- Advice for overcoming the pressures of being perfect.
- The importance of doing what you love.
- Something you may not know about the Olympics.
- Why it’s crucial to surround yourself with great people.
- How to deal with haters.
Ideas Worth Sharing:If you can’t win the gold medal, at least go out and show the world that you deserved it. - @ShawnJohnson Click To Tweet It took a long time for me to learn how to not be perfect. - @ShawnJohnson Click To Tweet When haters come at you, you have to kill them with kindness. -@ShawnJohnson Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Shawn Johnson: Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Mallory Ervin: Site | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Twitter
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…