With everything that is going on in the world with the coronavirus pandemic, I wanted to focus this week on how we can make the best of things. Sometimes life forces us to slow down, and the current need for social distancing and isolation is making this one of those times. But rather than view the next few weeks or months as a problem, we can instead view it as an opportunity and take steps to move our lives in a different direction.
We have the power to shift our perspective and make choices that support that shift. So today, I’m going to explain how we can focus on creating meaningful relationships with those around us and make the most out of the new time we have on our hands—whether that means trying a new hobby or reconnecting with our loved ones. As scary and unknown as our current environment is, we can make the choice to find light in our situation and thrive despite the uncertainty before us.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to see problems as opportunities.
- Tips to thrive during this time of isolation.
- How to reflect and refocus.
- What it takes to maximize the time we have with our loved ones.
- How to create new habits and kick out the old ones.
- Advice for rejuvenating ourselves during challenging times.
- How to reconnect as human beings.
Ideas Worth Sharing:True happiness comes not when we get rid of all of our problems, but when we change our relationship to them—when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice, and to learn. - @malloryervin Click To Tweet Rehumanizing starts in the same place that dehumanizing starts. - @malloryervin Click To Tweet You have to look at where you are in life before you can move forward in the right direction. - @malloryervin Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mallory Ervin: Site | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Twitter
- I’ve Been Thinking . . .: Reflections, Prayers, and Meditations for a Meaningful Life by Maria Shriver
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or by RSS
- Share the podcast using the social buttons below