Today’s episode is a follow-up to two previous episodes with one of the show’s favorite guests: my dad, Gary Ervin. My dad has been on a journey for the past six years to climb the highest mountains in each of the seven continents, known as the Seven Summits. In today’s episode, he is back to discuss what he learned after doing the sixth summit, Carstensz Pyramid.
Listen is as my dad shares the powerful mindset that has allowed him to take on this challenge at over 60 years old. You’ll learn how to craft your own happiness and how it’s an active pursuit. (My dad nearly froze to death for his happiness!) You’ll also discover the power of documenting your path and asking yourself “how did I get out of this in the past?” in order to build new possibilities for yourself today.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What motivated my dad to leave a legacy.
- The surprising ways in which climbing mountains can shape your understanding of the world.
- Why my dad chose to continue on this journey even though he nearly died in Nepal.
- How you can become invincible by replacing physical loss with mental strength.
- A powerful question you can ask yourself every day to be happy and grateful.
- Why it pays to live for the seconds.
- The importance of having notes of your life and how you’ve overcome obstacles in the past.
Ideas Worth Sharing:The purest form of strength and beauty is what you will develop from within. - Gary Ervin Click To Tweet Did I do enough work to focus on the good things in life? - Gary Ervin Click To Tweet Don’t let someone else tell you what you need to do to be happy. - Gary Ervin Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mallory Ervin: Site | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Twitter
- Gary Ervin: Site | Facebook
- Ep #8: Know Your Why, Practice Gratitude, & Learn to Quit Well: Lessons from the Mountains with My Dad
- Ep #03: How Defining Your Summit Will Change Your Life: Lessons From Mt Everest with My Dad
- FREE 10 Ways To Live Fully Guide
Share the Love:
If you like Living Fully with Mallory Ervin…